Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Not all relationships are created equal, LinkedIn....

Have been using LinkedIn a fair amount for the past few weeks; more for ISV and market research projects; as opposed to checking out how popular I am...

(and don't you think that many of us use LinkedIn to measure our popularity? I mean, how many contacts / relationships can one normal person actually maintain? 100? 200?)

Anyway, one area of concern is the inability to selectively share your contact list with members in your network. Which leads me to the title of this post:

Not all relationships are created equal.

I want to share my list of relationships with select contacts, but not all of them. Like many of us who have succumbed to the ego blast of building a big network, I have a whole bunch of people who are linked to me, but are not necessarily people that I know very well, and are not ones that I am open to having my own network list of contacts exposed to.

So, where is my control of this list? There are a bunch of contacts I would like to allow access to my network, but I want to do that on an 'as needed' basis.

So LinkedIn: let's get some more control of our networks, ok?

No comments: