Saturday, May 03, 2008

What should I write about? (see the widget 'Skribit' to the right...)

Was checking out this new widget called 'Skribit'; it allows readers of blogs to make suggestions to the blogger on topics they would like to see covered, and also allows them to vote on other reader suggestions. Looks like a cool tool, so I thought I would upload and see if there are any responses...

For whatever it is worth: my blog currently gets about 25 users a day, with about 30 associated pageviews. It looks like most of the readers are in the US, with a smaller number in the UK, France, India, China, and Australia. Common key words to find the site: "scott boutwell" (duh), "BIM", "sustainability technology", "environmental growth trends", "AEC trends", and "building information modeling".

As I describe (somewhat) in the heading, I blog primarily on the market sectors of AEC, environmental, cleantech, and sustainability (recognizing that those terms are fairly broad in their own right). Within these sectors, I focus on external market drivers and associated company or industry initiatives; new strategies for growth; and the enabling technologies that facilitate that growth. I try to incorporate insights and anecdotes I have received from my technology clients, engineering and consulting partners, thought leaders, and people who make pithy statements....and generally aim to make posts enjoyable to read...key word: "aim"...

So, given this update on my blog and review of my blogging goals, it would be interesting to see if any readers have specific requests for blog posts. I can't promise that I will blog on them, but will certainly review and consider. Thanks.

1 comment:

Recycling4you said...

Hi Scott
I am trying to promote a recycling
solutions company
in the UK and have a network of recycling partners in the
UK to send electrical equipment to for recycling and am also able to offer a
complete 100% solution for
toner cartridge recycling
here in the uk and then to use the toner
cartridges and mixed plastics in producing
garden furniture, fencing and park
benches. This closed loop solution is to my mind very sustainable as are all of
our services are as we are diverting waste from landfill. How would you suggest
promoting these services in the UK and how can i get these solutions in front of
the correct people to help companies with a
sustainability
program for their
electronic
equipment recycling
and toner cartridge recycling.